Wieviele Gitarristen bekomme ich auf eine Bühne?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UseGSo7oTxE

Einer der dabei war, war Stevie Ray Vaughan - heute Vorbild vieler Gitarristen wir bspw. auch John Mayer. Seine Mutter schrieb später über ihn:

I am so thankful for the last four years of his life. He became the beautiful, kind, loving person whom the drugs and alcohol had covered up and tried to destroy. I praise the Lord for what He did in Stevie's life. I know that God loves each of you just as much as He loves Stevie, and will do for you what He did for Stevie. Most of you have heard the verse of scripture, "For God SO loved the world (that's us!) that He gave His only Son (that's Jesus) that whosoever (that's you and me!) believes on Him should not perish but have everlasting life." ...

Jesus said, "I am the Way - the Truth - and the Life - no man comes to the Father but by me." This is how Stevie's belief in God - his faith in Jesus Christ - helped see him through his recovery and made that recovery possible. One of Stevie's favorite mottos was the familiar "Let Go and Let God."

Stevie kept a journal - a personal journal - which I found about two years after his death. The journal seemed to be written to God or as a conversation with God. I share the following excerpts:

.........."God...I pray that I be cleansed/washed in the blood of Jesus Christ. Born again. I pray that I may be of use to you as you see fit. Help me that I may do my part. Amen." .........."God has been very good to me. He is good to all life. The willingness to try to work on my health is another and I am grateful for this opportunity." .........."Altho I can get confused about life and it's lessons, I can say that I am trying very hard to learn. I can see that I am learning how to care for others and for myself. Slowly sometimes, but surely nevertheless. I can play beautiful music. This is a gift that God has given me and a gift that I do my best to use for good and give it all I have. I am loved by many of God's children for this, and because it does show that I am trying to grow in this life. God saved me among so many and I must accept that he has a purpose for me. If I am good enough for God, I should be good enough for me. Thank you, God!"

and lastly, I quote the words from one of his concerts during the song, "Life Without You."

"You know, right now, the most important thing in my life is to make sure you understand that first of all, I thank God I'm alive today. And I mean that. You see, I spent too many years of my life thinking that the big party was the whole thing. It took me quite a while to realize that the real deal is to be able to be enough of a person on your own to know when somebody loves you and cares about you. You see, we are here, as far as I can tell, to help each other. Our brothers, our sisters, our friends, our enemies. That's to help each other, not hurt each other...and sometimes, to help them, we have to help ourself...so that we'll know that they're around in the first place.

You see, it's a big world out there...there's enough pain and misery in it without me going around and helpin' it out by hurting myself, and consequently, those that care about me. What I'm trying to get across to you is: Please take care of yourself and those that you love...because that's what we are here for, that's all we've got, and that is what we can take with us."

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts